Rep. Martha McSally Town Hall Meeting
Thursday, Feb. 23, Good Shepherd UCC Church
17750 S. La Canada Drive, Sahuarita, AZ 85629
Doors open at 3:00 p.m. Come early—room capacity is only 300
Line & entry will only be at front church entrance
Pastor Randy Mayer will open the meeting. Dan Shearer, Editor, Green Valley News, will moderate the town hall. Rep. McSally will take questions from the audience as well as questions emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions & Follow Up
· a4a Action Team Leaders will work with groups to prepare questions that encourage concrete answers related to issues and core values
· There will be some opportunity for follow-up. If moderator doesn’t ask a follow-up question, be prepared for him to ask you: “Are you satisfied with that answer?”
· Signs will not be allowed inside the church.
· Signs and demonstrating are fine along La Canada on the sidewalk and embankment. a4a will have some signs available and recommends positive messages such as We “heart” immigration, We “heart” public education, We “heart” human rights
· Please be respectful and civil to all—and, if needed, ask others around you to do likewise. No chanting, booing, interrupting. Let’s not allow the MoCs to be “correct” about radical, disruptive activists.
Parking (carpool if you can)
· Great Expectations Academy Parking Lot (first option)
Turn off La Canada on Antigua (between church and school)—turn right into Academy parking lot
· Dirt parking area south of church (second option)
Enter south church entrance on La Canada; turn left to parking area
· Handicapped parking in front of church (limited number of places)
NOTE: Sahaurita Food Bank will be in operation all day Thursday, using church side parking lot and entrance. Please respect the privacy of food bank clients.
Consider bringing non-perishable food donations.